Upon completion of CERT basic training, all graduates receive a certificate of completion and a CERT pack with vest, helmet, and other gear. Graduates who reside in La Verne are eligible to join the Team by completing the La Verne CERT Team Membership Levels & Requirements. On the Team, there is a role for everyone and no one is required to do anything beyond the scope of their training and abilities. Team membership is encouraged but not required; Training-Level (non-Team) graduates are valuable members of the community who can help others during a disaster until the professional responders arrive.
La Verne CERT offers 3 levels of team membership, each with its own set of requirements to achieve and maintain that level. Level 1 is the first level to join the team and participate in pre-planned community events and provide additional support. Levels 2 and 3 include additional requirements to be on our disaster call-out team. All levels provide incentive for members to develop, acquire, and maintain their knowledge and skills and a path to continue training to serve in specific areas as needed.
What’s the difference between a La Verne CERT Team Member and a Training-Level graduate?
Team Members (Levels 1, 2, and 3):
- Live or work in La Verne
- Receive a CERT certificate of completion after graduation.
- Receive a CERT pack containing PPE gear and supplies after graduation.
- Complete and maintain at least the Level 1 Requirements.
- Receive a La Verne CERT photo ID badge.
- Are invited to participate in additional training, events, and exercises to maintain and learn new skills.
- In a local disaster, are activated by the LVFD (Levels 2 & 3 only).
- Assist the organization and/or the community, based on membership requirements and abilities, and if called upon to do so.
- Participate in community outreach and service activities if called upon to do so.
- Receive additional advanced training to support the La Verne Fire Department.
- Remain engaged and connected with other members.
- After completing all classes of the course:
- Receive a CERT certificate
- Receive a CERT pack containing supplies
- Are invited to participate in additional training classes, events, and exercises to maintain and learn new skills (if space allows).
- Are a valuable resource in every neighborhood! With your CERT skills and knowledge, you can safely take care of yourself and others until the professionals. arrive on the scene, without having to be part of an organized team.
- May join the Team at any time by completing the La Verne CERT Team Membership Requirements.