Upon completion of the course, all graduates receive a certificate of completion and a CERT pack with vest, helmet, and other PPE gear. Graduates who reside in La Verne will be invited to join the Team.
Team membership is encouraged but not required. There is a role for everyone, and no one is required to do anything beyond the scope of their personal comfort and ability. We have 3 membership levels, with Level 1 having the base requirements to join and remain on the team. All levels provide members incentive to develop their knowledge and skills and a path to continue training to serve in specific areas as needed.
What’s the difference between a La Verne CERT Team Member and a Training-Only graduate?
- Live or work in La Verne
- Complete and maintain Level 1 Team Membership Requirements
- Receive a CERT certificate of completion
- Receive a CERT pack containing PPE gear and supplies
- Receive a La Verne CERT photo ID badge
- Respond (if able and called upon) after a disaster or to support community events
- Receive additional training to support the La Verne Fire Department
- Are invited to participate in additional training classes, events, and exercises to maintain and learn new skills.
- Remain engaged and connected with other members.
- After completing all classes of the course:
- Receive a CERT certificate
- Receive a CERT pack containing supplies
- Are invited to participate in additional training classes, events, and exercises to maintain and learn new skills
- Are a valuable resource in every neighborhood! With your CERT skills and knowledge, you can safely take care of yourself and others until the professionals arrive on the scene, without having to be part of an organized team.
- May opt to join the Team at any time.